Monday, September 15, 2008

Delayed Gratification? We'll see...

In the past couple years there's been one thing it seems God has been keeping back from me. Something that I assumed was my fault, something I was doing wrong. I knew what it was and felt like as a consequence of something I was doing, He was holding it from me. A conversation with my youth pastor and his wife about it one night made it all clear though. It wasn't me, it's all in God's timing. For some reason, He hasn't revealed what he wants for me. They said to hang in there, when the time is right, He'll let you know.

Recently, it seems He may be doing just that. Some of you know what I'm talking about because I have told you. If you don't know feel free to ask. I don't want to get too ahead of myself but it just seems like God has been pointing a certain way; nudging me closer. Even so, I'm being cautious. Last time I rushed into it and it didn't turn out all that well. So some prayer on my part and yours would be awesome. I really hope God says yes on this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever you are seaching for Keygan, God will provide when you least expect it. Just hang in there. I am so proud of you and so glad you are my grandson.
I love you lots.
Granny K.

p.s. Did you get your English book yet??

Ben Klar said...

If you're talking about what I think you are, then I find it ironic to be writing this comment, feeling much the same way that you do not so very long ago. If I can offer any encouragement at all let me say that God blesses each of us exactly where we are in the time when we are there. One of my friends was recently turned down to lead worship in chapel. Is it because he is a poor singer? Is it because his is particularly skinny? Actually, he's a great singer and I doubt that skinniness played any part in the decision. He and I came to the conclusion that God was the one who had turned him down. For some reason I saw a sense of peace come upon him as he realized that the God who truly cares about him and knows what is best had just made a huge statement that He loved him enough to say "No." Perhaps God will prepare him to lead worship next year or use him to bless someone else this year. Who knows? Geez, it's late. I've gotta go to bed.

Anonymous said...

I've read a few of your posts as your mom has directed me to your website. I gotta say I'm impressed with you kid. I have thought of you a lot and prayed that your experience with college is fun AND educational...in areas other than academics! Keep chuggin' away kiddo. God has amazing things in store for you!