Monday, September 29, 2008

Relative Revivification

Last week I felt down. I hadn't been home in a month and I was missing everyone back home so much. It just seemed like I went to class, practiced, and facebooked into the wee hours of the night, that was it. Don't get me wrong, I can live with that and can find joy in it, but you get bored and homesick after a while. If it wasn't for Zac, I would be borderline psych ward. The fact that my Bible was at home didn't help either.

I went home. I played in a parade and field show with the marching band and left around 11 o'clock with Zac. We stopped in Lincoln to see my grandparents at Bryan LGH and that was refreshing. My parents were coming but Zac and I beat them there. After passing by my grandpa's hospital room and realized how dumb we were I knocked on the door to see both of grandparents snoozing. My grandma had a somewhat delayed reaction. "Oh well hi Key...KEYGAN!" Hi Grandma. I came in and gave her a hug as my grandpa saw me. I shook his hand. I hadn't seen them in a month so it was nice to see their familiar faces and to see Grandpa up and alert like I've known him. He was watching college football.

We talked a while about school and college life in general. Soon after, my family showed up. Always nice to see them too. I gave everyone a hug and sat back down. We talked in the hospital room for about an hour. Wouldn't you know it 2 of my cousins and aunt walked in. Delighted, I jumped up and into Ben's arms. We're weird, we know. We hugged and went way overboard telling each other how much we had missed the other as he swung me around. Hi Carey. Hi Alyssa.

We left after a little while longer as Zac had his father turning 40 something. I had forgotten he had a family too. So we left and I took him to his grandparents. That night I was planning on going to the Norris high school musical "Beauty and the Beast." I met up with some old friends and hate dinner and we went. It was amazing! Not only the performance, but it was so incredibly nice and cooling to see all of them.

The next day I went to church, more familiar faces. I spent the day with some guys from the drumline and it was great. I feel so much better now. I also got my Bible back! I thank God every day for my awesome family and friends.

1 comment:

Tami said...

WE LOVE YOU TOO!

(And are looking forward to REALLY seeing you this weekend.)