Friday, December 19, 2008

Patience

I am in a weird mood. I'm happy, yet I'm not, and I know why. Unfortunately, I don't want to share it at this point. Let's just say that, God brought something awesome into my life, and is putting it on hold it seems. It's for the better, but I want it now. There a few things in my life right now that aren't what they should be. I believe that God is wanting me to take care of those things before he "gives" me what I want.

I don't necessarily see myself as a patient person, I guess tolerant would be a better word for it. I can stand a lot of things. I may not like it, but I can tolerate it. For instance, on our missions trip to Mississippi the kids would hang all over you. Not particularly my favorite, but I could tolerate it and it was good for them. I never got angry, but patience is something I think God will be teaching me these next 8 or 9 months. Which is good, usually if I want it, I'll rush into it and BAM! It doesn't always turn out the way I'd like. If you have any idea what I'm talking about, or if you think you have an idea, this may confirm it:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does no envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
-1 Corinthians 13:4

2 comments:

Ben Klar said...

Ah patience...that thing that all of us must have but for doctors is vital. (Sound it out, think about it, you'll get the joke.) I've found that when I lack patience I often miss out on the enjoyment of today. It is hard to recognize the small blessings that God places in our lives everyday when we are so focused on a possible future blessing that may or may not come to fruition (my new word for the week). The longer you have to wait, the more you could miss out on. Also, God could be having you wait for something to give you time to learn things that will enable that future event to be more enjoyable and fulfilling. Patience is not just waiting and refraining from pulling your hair out. It is about learning.

Tami said...

He has made everything beautiful in its time...

Ecclesiastes 3:11


The wait is worth it for a lifetime of happiness.