Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Alleviating the Ictus

I saw God's power yet again this past week. The space He lets Satan have to get into our lives and try to sabotage it is insane. Sometimes God gives him a lot or sometimes its just a little wiggle room but either way, he's there. It has seemed very apparent this past week. My classes started and auditions for select groups began. Along with a few other unexpected happenings.

Monday's classes were good. Boring, but still good. I can handle them easily. Tuesday is a little different. I have sight singing and ear training which isn't my favorite. I have Diction for singers which is difficult. It doesn't sound that hard, but it is going to challenge me. I also have a Expository writing that seems like it'll be somewhat overwhelming.

Piling onto that I had jazz band and Choraleers auditions. My jazz band audition could have gone better. I can play jazz and rock beats easily and pretty well, but the samba...something I haven't really practiced and am not skilled in that area. It kind of took me by surprise. My Choraleers audition actually went great, but I didn't get in for one reason or another. What's weird is that the guy that gave me the scholarship to come sing was the same guy who did my audition, and he didn't put me in. I was confused and frustrated.

On top of that my dad called me. My grandpa was working on the roof of my aunt and uncle's and he fell. He fractured 6 of his vertebrae, broke 3 ribs and punctured a lung. They said he'll be okay but it'll be a long, long recovery. So, if you could pray for him, that would be awesome. Thanks.

Oh, and I got a parking ticket because I didn't have a permit which I'd been waiting for the past 2 weeks in my mail. I found it in my desk the next day...

So last night I was feeling a bit down. Zac wasn't feeling good and my classes began to stress me out. I didn't make the groups I had expected myself to make. My grandpa was in the hospital and not doing the greatest. Time for some music I decided, so I brought up my iTunes and clicked on party shuffle. First song that came up was "Trust in You" by Jeremy Camp. It was a nice little reminder. God is so cool.

The next song that played was "Pressing On" by Relient K.

1 comment:

JHellige said...

Keygan, God does do his little things that bring your day around and make it know that it will all be ok no matter what happens. I just so happened to read this post after getting stressed out about some similar stuff with my classes. Brought my perspective back around and let me know the same thing now he let you know that day. Thanks for sharing.
-J